Keep The Music Alive!

If you'd like to purchase CD's, DVD's, or just donate to the cause, you can do so easily through PayPal by clicking here - Blue Ridge Memories


For other ways to pay, please email me at blueridgememories@aol.com

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Jerry Trammell

I was blessed to call Jerry Trammell a friend during his short time with the Blue Ridge Quartet. 
On the Blue Ridge bus chatting with Jerry
Jerry is the son of a Baptist minister, and grew up singing at an early age with his brothers Jim, Mike, and Mark. His professional career began in 1970 as a bass singer for the Wonder State Quartet. He sang with his brother Mark with the Arkansas Boys. From 1975 to 1979, he sang tenor for the Florida Boys. He is considered to have one of the most powerful tenor voices in gospel music, and was named Favorite Tenor singer in the Singing News by the fans in 1978. Jerry also sang with the Melody Boys Quartet and JD Sumner and the Stamps, but from his leaving the Florida Boys until early 1980, he sang tenor with the Blue Ridge. His renditions of "When I Need Him Most", "What Sins Are You Talking About?", "You've Still Got A Place In My Heart", and "In No Time At All" are all preserved in a live concert recording I made in January 1980. (CD#42 on the right side of this blog)



In the late 1990's he fell prey to alcoholism, and it is by the grace of God that he is still with us today. He recovered, turned his life over to Christ and formed Jerry Trammell Ministries in 2002. He has since been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, and has stopped touring, but his legacy lives on. 
Jerry Kirksey, editor in chief of the Singing News said: "During the thirty years I have known Jerry Trammell, I have grown to love and respect him as a man and Christian brother. God blessed Jerry with an awesome talent to sing many years ago. God has added to that blessing a strong testimony, a gift of communication and passion to reach lost souls. Jerry Trammell is a man being used by God.

2 comments:

  1. In my ceaseless prayers.2
    2 Tim.1:3 (AKJV 1611)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a huge crush on him when I was a teenager. One time the Florida Boys were performing at Chilhowwee Park in Knoxville, TN. My friend took a picture of me with Jerry. I showed it off to all of my friends. My favorite song of his was Here They Come.

    ReplyDelete